Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Subject:  My Day 14 – Jeep Expedition Tour – My Zero Day

Yesterday turned out to be an amazing calm, peaceful day truly deserving of the title Zero Day; meaning I did not do any serious driving.  The campground that I stayed at last night also supplied all the firewood that I wished to burn and burn I did; even through the rain in the evening time.  This morning the fire was still going as I sat and ate breakfast by a roaring fire.  

The jeep's windshield is now duct taped due to a large rock hitting it - the split is all the way from top to bottom. My engine light is on and my oil change is over do.  I also plan tomorrow on rotating all four tires plus washing the jeep.  Today I arrived at Fairbanks after flying past the North Pole.  I saw a moose wtih two baby mooses crossing the road.  The two BMW touring motorcycles ahead of me also stopped and then we continued on me tailing them for the remainder of the way at about 80 mph.  Still some amazing country but, its great to be back in the USA. 

More to follow.

Trawlercat

No comments:

Post a Comment