Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Day 15? - Jeep Expedition Arctic tour - Jeep Maintenance

I'm sitting at Barnes & Noble (with wifi) while the jeep is at Walmart getting an oil change and tire rotation.  I washed it twice before dropping it off and it is still dirty.  My windshield glass is cracked and thanks to duct tape i managed to hold it together.  I packed two rolls for the trip.  Spoke to Patti this morning and got caught up on her trip.  Also, spoke to Petr of Petr's Violin Shop in Anchorage.  His shop is the only violin shop in Anchorage originally started by his father.  Anyway, aftter talking this morning with Petr he invited me over to do some fishing and crabbing this weekend on his boat.  I plan on making it to Anchorage by Friday so between now and then I will check my schedule but, since I am also on a  HOT SPRINGS tour - I found one about 60 miles away.  Will let you know how that one looks when I get my jeep back from Walmart and hit the road. 

The wi fi at Barnes is just amazing - every thing flys right off the internet.  Let's see if I can get some more pictures and/or video posted. 

See you on the trail!

Trawlercat

People make it up here in any type of vehicle imaginable.  Now this one is made for this type of travel with or without roads.  Totally self contained but extremely expensive.  If you notice behind him there are a few other vehicles and all are camped out at the Walmart. 

This camp site provided all the wood you can burn.  At least the smoke and little rain kept the mosquitoes at bay.  My head felt like a soccer ball from all the bites I got. Mango juice and Bacaradi, a little music and two cans of OFF spray plus a tiki candle.  Only thing missing in this part of the country is a blindfold so one can sleep.  It never gets dark anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment