Thursday, July 7, 2011

Subject: My Day 10 – Arctic Jeep Expedition – Mile Zero





Subject:  My Day 10 – Arctic Jeep Expedition – Mile Zero
This morning I took a few pictures before breakfast and our heading out of town of the Mile zero monument.  Hope you enjoy them!
As I said earlier we are in Dawson British Columbia but before the day is done we will cross over to the Yukon territories onto Whitehorse and then when we reach Beaver Creek we are just shy of Alaska.  Four people have now told me that Liard Hot Springs is a must do visit.  I think I’ll take them up on it even if the rest of the group is not up to it.  I say that because it sort of falls in the middle of our groups planned itinerary. 
Last night I was on the Alaska marine highway checking out the possibilities of going to Anchorage on the way back down and onto Haines, Alaska.  From there I can load my jeep onto a ferry (like Russ & Ziggy are doing) and then catch several ferry hops on down to Victoria.  This is still possible but I haven’t yet decided.  The remaining group (John, Tommy, Mike & Tony) will be driving the 1200 or so miles down towards Vancouver and on down the highway 5 into the states.  That is the return trip down.  The highway 15 was the trip up. 
Earlier today I came across some great little cabins that are built and for sale.  One is below and you can see the possibilities.  Get a piece of land somewhere off the grid and then plant this little cabin in the woods for some great down time entertainment and getting to know the area, hiking, fishing, playing with the dog, projects etc.  Our Big Bear area would be just right for this.
Here is your morning dose already and it is not yet 8 a.m.
See you on the trail!
Trawlercat

No comments:

Post a Comment