Monday, July 4, 2011

Subject: Day 6 – Arctic Expedition - Happy Birthday Baby


Happy Birthday Baby! 

Subject:  My Day 6 – Arctic Expedition

Our Arctic Jeep Expedition group dynamics is fast developing as the five of us broke bread last night at the Raw Hide restaurant.  Mike the expedition leader turns out to be the big eater of our group.  He managed to make a huge dent on the all you can eat special consisting of pulled pork sandwich, potatoe salad, beans, corn on the cob, topped off by a fresh loaf of homemade bread; double everything except for the fixings and you get the picture.  Unfortunately for his driving partner the mixed concoction inside had to go someplace and so this morning all caution was taken against igniting any flammables for fear that the whole campground might go up in flames.  The most outstanding waitress of all time also offered up and he also consumed one large slice of cheesecake huckleberry pie.  Hopefully he will have a good sense of humor when and if he ever comes across this blog. 

The two other jeeps now present and camping with me are Mike & his friend Ken and John and his cousin Tommy.   It’s unfortunate to learn that three of the four men have lost their spouses of many many years to life threatening illnesses.   It was long ago that I recall hearing how women outlive their husbands by something like five years.  I threw those statistics out to my wife Patti when she told me that I was outpacing her in depleting our recreational resources.  I remember saying that I was just getting a five year head start.  

See you on the trail!

Trawlercat 


No comments:

Post a Comment