Sunday, July 3, 2011

Arctic Jeep Expedition - My Day 5


Subject:  My Day 5 – Arctic Expedition

Here is my lodging to date:  Day 1 – Las Vegas; Day 2 – Mystic Hot Springs, Monroe, Utah; Day 3 – Crystal hot Springs, Honeyville, Utah; Day 4 – Dillon, Montana; Day 5 – Glacier national Park; Day 6 – Glacier Campground (near West side entrance); Day 7?

Tomorrow I make my way into Canada via the the US highway 2 then highway 89 onto Wateron Lake National Park Canada; then on to Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump World Heritage site.  The story goes that for 6,000 years Indians have been using this spot ot stamped the buffalo to their deaths down a 1,000 foot cliffs.  Sort of like tenderizing your beef before you eat it.   The interpretive center is also supposed to educate us about the buffalo hunting culture of the early natives along with hopefully tours of the bone yard. 

Trawlercat

No comments:

Post a Comment